How to Get Rid, Pop and Treat Hard Pimples Under the Skin on Face That Hurt
What will you do if you notice a pimple on your face particularly on forehead, do you squeeze or pop it? Even though popping and squeezing the pimple or acne hurts, people are used to doing this since they believe that once they pop their zit, they have eliminated their acne and that it will easily heal. However, those are wrong beliefs. In fact, popping and squeezing is not advisable because it will just make the acne worse. What you are doing is you unintentionally put pressure on the acne which aids in the forcing of the bacteria down at the deeper layers of the skin. On the contrary, this will just make the pimple red, inflamed and could develop to acne scars.
What causes Pimples under the Skin?
Those painful under the skin pimples are pretty common. Most teenagers and adults would experience pimples under their skin because of hormonal imbalance which causes the oil glands to become overactive. Sebaceous or oil glands will produce excessive amount of oil on the skin which are then trapped in the follicles.
Other factors that can contribute to pimple formation are diet, infection, pollution, medication, stress and more. Pimples under the skin are better known as sebaceous cysts.
Sebaceous cysts treatment
- As mentioned earlier, squeezing, scratching, pricking or puncturing the lump can do more harm than good. So never ever touch your pimple.
- Buy an over the counter antibacterial soap and keep the area clean by washing the lump and surrounding skin as well.
- To open the pores, use warm, moist washcloths and apply it to the lump for 20 to 30 minutes, at least thrice daily.
- Refrain from going outside especially from 9am to 3pm where the sun’s harmful rays are very strong. Use oil-free skin care products and moisturizers.
Home Remedies – Sebaceous cyst Management
- Lemon, grapefruit, juniper and fennel are essential oils helpful in treating sebaceous cyst.
- Garlic is indeed functional in increasing the body’s immunity to bacterial infections.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin A since it aid in wound healing and new skin regeneration.
- For skin repair, add to your diet foods rich in zinc.
- Garlic one of the most common household ingredients can be use to fight bacterial infection.
As much as we all want to have the perfect healthy looking skin, there are times when sebaceous cyst develop. Just be patient and follow the instructions of whatever treatment you may opt to use. For questions and inquiries it is still best to talk to your dermatologist.